Nasdaq Basic is the leading exchange-provided alternative for Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale information for all U.S. exchange-listed stocks based on the trade reports from the Nasdaq Market Center and the FINRA/Nasdaq Trade Reporting Facility™ (TRF™). With Basic, firms and their users can feel confident about choosing a Level 1 alternative that provides it all — accuracy, liquidity, coverage, accessibility and cost-savings.
Nasdaq Basic provides the following key data elements for all U.S. exchange-listed equities:
- Nasdaq Last Sale (NLS) – price and size information for orders executed within the Nasdaq execution system as well as trades reported to the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF.
- Nasdaq Last Sale Plus – real-time trade-by-trade data from Nasdaq BXSM (BXSM) and Nasdaq PSXSM (PSXSM) trading venues. The NLS Plus feed also carries consolidated volume on a real-time basis for Nasdaq-listed securities, as well as, NYSE-, NYSE MKT-, NYSE Arca- and other U.S. regional exchange-listed securities.
- Nasdaq BBO (QBBO) – best bid and offer, with associated size, available within the Nasdaq market center.
- Nasdaq Opening and Closing Prices – The Nasdaq Official Opening Price (NOOP) and Nasdaq Official Closing Price (NOCP)—the industry standard reference prices—based on the Nasdaq Opening and Closing Crosses and the Nasdaq IPO/Halt Crosses.
- Other Value-added Data – Includes market status information including Stock Directory, Emergency Market Condition (EMC) event messages, System Status and Trading Halt information for Nasdaq-, NYSE-, NYSE MKT, NYSE Arca and other regional exchange-listed issues.