FTSE Global Indices
FTSE Russell is a trusted source for index data and a default reference for investors all around the world.
The FTSE UK Index Series is designed to represent the performance of UK companies, providing market participants with a comprehensive and complementary set of indices that measure the performance of all capital and industry segments of the UK equity market.
Headline indices within the series include:
- FTSE 100 Index (UKX) - comprises the 100 most highly capitalised blue chip companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- FTSE 100 Total Return Index - measures the total return of the underlying FTSE 100 index, combining both, capital performance and income (reinvested on the dividend (xd) date).
- FTSE 100 Net of Tax Index (UKXNUK) - All dividends paid by UK tax residents are applied as declared. Where a company with REIT status declares a Property Income Dividend (PIDs) any appropriate withholding tax adjustment will be applied. Dividends paid by non-UK tax resident companies are adjusted for withholding tax based on the maximum withholding tax rates applicable to dividends received by institutional investors who are not resident in the same country as the remitting company and who do not benefit from double taxation treaties.
- FTSE 250 Index - comprises mid-capitalised companies not covered by the FTSE 100, and represents approximately 15% of UK market capitalisation.
- FTSE All-Share Index - representing 98-99% of UK market capitalisation, the FTSE All-Share index is the aggregation of the FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and FTSE Small Cap Indices.
FTSE 350 Supersectors Indices - 18 real-time industry sector indices derived from companies in the FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 indices.
- FTSE 100 Declared Dividend Index (F1DIVD) and FTSE 100 Dividend Index - RDSA Withholding (F1DIV) - represents the cumulative value of ordinary declared cash dividends by the individual constituents of the underlying FTSE 100 Index, calculated on the ex dividend (xd) date and expressed in terms of index points. For F1DIVD, all dividends are as declared by companies and no withholding tax adjustments are made. For F1DIV, there is an exception for dividends paid by Royal Dutch Shell A Shares from which 15% withholding tax is deducted. The indices run for a one-year period from the trading day following the third Friday in December to the following third Friday in December.
See: FTSE Website
- Real-time: direct data feed.
- Delayed: real-time feeds delayed by 15 minutes.
- Historical: complete tick-level historical data up to the previous trading day. Controlled replay and hosted analytics.
- Feed received directly from FTSE
- Configurable conflation and throttling to control the downstream systems pressure
- Efficient in-transit wire data compression
- Feed handler and messaging infrastructure with low hardware footprint
- 24×7×365 monitoring and support